how to breathe life into presentations by focusing on the basics and
beyond. Seahawk's intensive workshops focus on delivery skills, audience-focused
content development, visual aids and getting the results you want
from presentations. One-day to two-day workshops for groups of 6 to
We will work with you to develop a customized training agenda based
on our core concepts. It will be geared to the types of presentations
your organization makes and the specific improvements you seek.
Areas addressed in Seahawk Presentation Skills Seminars
- Physical skills: making connections with your eyes, voice and
- Developing a presentation from the audience's viewpoint
- Using "nervous" energy to help you
- Making data "come to life," using PowerPoint™
and other media combined with skillful personal effectiveness
- Infusing your presentation with "realness" and passion
- Creating a dialogue with the audience
- Managing logistics of presentations
- Listening skills
Seahawk Teaching/Learning Methods
||Involvement - helping participants discover for themselves the
relevance and importance of what is being learned
||Instruction - brief, pragmatic lectures, discussions and exercises
that inform participants about critical skill sets. We strongly
emphasize the results expected from presentations.
||Practice - our seminars provide many opportunities to learn
by practicing skills in realistic situations
||Critique - videotape review and individual coaching enables
self-evaluation and structured feedback
If you have ever run or attended a meeting that is long,
boring and unproductive, it's time for a change. Seahawk Associates
can show you how to plan and conduct meetings that are focused, interesting
You can take advantage of our experience in designing and facilitating
meetings for a wide variety of organizations in an informative, interactive
The workshop is customized to address the types of meetings most commonly
held in your organization. In addition to lively facilitated discussions,
the workshop includes "practice meetings" for participants to reinforce
and observe skills that make meetings work… while learning how to
avoid things that are counter-productive in meetings.
Based on the principles in Charlie Hawkins's books, including his
latest, Make Meetings Matter,
this workshop takes you step-by-step through planning and conducting
shorter, more effective meetings.
- How to determine whether a meeting is even necessary.
- How to structure an agenda to cover the most important issues.
- How to create a safe atmosphere to make participants comfortable.
- How to keep the group focused on agenda, without being overbearing.
- How to keep the meeting flowing, making the time well spent.
- How to ensure everyone gets a chance to fully participate.
- How to generate the maximum number of ideas from the group.
- Learn how to identify and prioritize the best ideas and solutions.
- How to build consensus and bring closure with action steps.
- How to deal with conflict in meetings.
We work with specific groups, such as boards, operating
committees, teams, staff groups, not-for-profit groups and ad-hoc
groups. The principles can be covered and practiced in one day. Additional
observation, practice and coaching can be accomplished in longer workshops.
Contact us for more information on how these workshops
can benefit your organization.